If you love traditional pasta salads you'll love this remix with ramen noodles dressed in my two signature sauces: WHOA Spicy Peanut sauce mixed with Mom's Garlic Vinaigrette (and a few other seasonings!). Now I won't be giving away all of mom's secrets here but this adaptation will make for a quick and easy (quasi addictive) bowl of noods. Served chilled and add any protein you like (pictured here with jammy 6 minute egg).
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup of WHOA Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of your preferred chili oil/crisp
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves of grated garlic
- 1/2 a shallot finely minced
- 1/3 cup of chopped green onions (save some for garnish)
- salt to taste
- chopped thai bird chillies if you like a little extra kick
- Your favourite ramen/egg/wheat flour noodles cooked to packaged instructions. Cooled down in fridge or ice water. If noodles come pre-portioned, roughly around 6 portions should serve 4.
- Pickled carrots and daikon (quick pickling recipe coming soon)
- Sliced cucumbers
- Fried Onions
- Chili crisp
Mix all the sauce ingredients together until completely blended. Alternatively, you can throw all this in a food processor or mini chopper to save on chopping/mincing but leave out the scallions/green onions and mix these in after. Chill dressing in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and let flavours meld.
Toss chilled noodles, carrots and daikon, and 2/3 of the dressing together until fully coated. Chill in fridge for another 10 minutes and let the noodles absorb some of the dressing.
When plating, drizzle a little more dressing over the noodles. Top with cucumbers, fried onions, green onions and chili crisp.
Add any other toppings of your choice like a 6-minute egg, a marinated egg, fried tofu, poached chicken or shrimp for a more filling meal or just keep these noodles in your fridge for an easy grab and go snack that hits the spot every time. Stays fresh in the fridge up to 7 days.